Wednesday, March 17, 2010

What does it mean to Believe?

Ostenson-38

 

I have to say that (most of the time) I have loved having my sweet four year old at home this year.  Since Liz is gone in the mornings Kipper and I get to go on adventures together…usually to the grocery store.  The other day we were out running all the errands that piled up during our sick week and I got to hear a little more of just how this guy thinks about things. Here’s how it went:

   

Kip, from the back seat:  “Mom, I believe in EVERYTHING”

Me, thinking:  “I guess I do too, bud.”

Kip:  “But I DON’T believe in coffee and alcohol and cigarettes.”

Me:  “You’re right, those things are bad for our bodies.”

Pause.

Kip, sighing:  “Mom, I believe in Black Tacos…!”

 

 

Kip’s Belief:

1 four year old

1 black taco from Taco Bell last October (now discontinued… “sigh”)

1 Article of Faith that I’m not sure we grownups understand

 

 

I sure do miss my four year olds when they grow up….

2 comments:

Heather said...

So cute! And I love the picture of Christopher.

Dewzon54 said...

I believe in four year olds. I believe in Kip!