Sunday, September 19, 2010

Gabriel Joseph Ostenson

So we finally decided on a name, the day after our new boy was born. Not quite sure how it happened, except that I think my oldest brother had to make the final decision. Appropriate for the patriarch of the family, I suppose, since his little brother had some sort of naming deficiency. Anyway…

So Mother and child came home today and I have a couple pictures I’ve taken. He was born in the early afternoon on the 17th of September, 7 lbs 5 oz, 19 inches long (for those who care about numbers). Labor was about 5 hours, pushing about 2 minutes (though it seemed a lot longer to Beth). And I guess that’s about it, right?

Here are a couple of pictures:

Fall 2010 012

First shot of Gabe with his eyes open.

Fall 2010 006

An excited sister and distracted brothers.

Fall 2010 017

And a cousin – that’s about all the shots we have of him right now.

We haven’t been enthusiastic picture-takers yet, though grandma has some pics that I’ll try to upload soon. I’ve been napping a lot (almost as much – more? – as Beth) lately, so been kinda lazy. For now, you’ll just have to be content watching the next youngest, Isaac, bend some fire and some earth:


6 comments:

Becca said...

Love him and love the name!!! Love all of you!! We especially love the earth and fire bending!! LOL!!

Briahna said...

Congratulations!! I love your kids, it's nice to have another one on the planet.

By the way, Mike and I were just talking and thinking Saturday might not be good. Looks like the timing isn't the greatest for you either. Keep catching up on sleep, Brian does that too. It's so hard on you dads to give birth. :-) We'll plan another time to get together.

Sara said...

Gabriel is very cute. He does look Ostenson. And Isaac's belly! So cute. I wish I could give him a squeeze. He would probably run away crying, wailing, "Who is this crazy lady!!!"
Congrats again!

erica said...

he's 6 months younger, to the day, than my girl. and it's a terrific name. congratulations and enjoy the napping....

Dee said...

Congratulations. I'm happy for you guys.

Aria Eden said...

Yay! Congrats! Great name! He does look like an Ostenson! That's some pretty awesome air and earth bending. John likes that show too!