Monday, October 11, 2010

Adventures in Breastfeeding

This post may not be suitable for children and male in-laws.

You would think that I would be used to it by now.  This is the fourth baby I’ve nursed but I still don’t know what to say when:

 

My wide eyed two year old asks,

“What’s that mommy?”

or with even bigger eyes,

“Is the baby eating you?”

or when my enthusiastic five year old says,

“Mom you should be a cow for Halloween!”

or asks skeptically,

“Does one of those have chocolate milk in it?”

3 comments:

Aria Eden said...

John is thoroughly embarrassed when Sariah marches over to the couch with her "Marian" doll and announces she's hungry and its time to feed and proceeds to lift up her shirt and situate her baby. It helps that she often ends up nursing the dolly with her belly button. That somehow takes the edge off for John. I like the cow costume idea.... I might have to think about that one. Or maybe I'll dress up as a 24 hour all-you-can-eat buffet

Tawni said...

Bethany, this is really funny. I came across your blog through the RS Blog, which I hope you check every once in awhile, cause that would make me feel good. But this is truly hilarious.

Becca said...

LOL!!! I don't miss those days!