Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Married?

Hey, sorry about that last post. I suppose there are some who read this blog, but still don't know me well enough, to know whether I'm joking or not about some things. If you didn't know for sure whether I was joking, then don't worry - my wife never does either. So maybe it isn't about knowing me well - just don't ever take anything I say seriously... ha ha!

Well, having said that, I do have something serious that I'd like to publicize. I am working on developing an instrument to measure marital quality and we're currently collecting data to test it. If you are married (you must be married to participate), and would like to help me out, please click here. It takes about 20-30 minutes to complete one time through; you will be asked, after a week, to take it a second time.

Thanks for all your help, and for forgiving me (if you so choose). Peace.

3 comments:

Dee said...

I forgive you.
I really never believe anything you say without independent verification.
It was a good story though. I would have found it more believable if it had been a smaller win, like $500,000 or so for each of you. Details made the story, but they also gave it away.

Lara Zierke said...

I'll forgive you when you fork over $10,000. For a new multimillionaire, it's really not that much for an old friend. :)

Nate King said...

I'll forgive you for free, Joe, if you'll move to Oklahoma. Ha ha! Anyway, I started reading your last post and by the time I had read the first couple paragraphs (before you mentioned the lottery) I told Leslie that you were going to start marketing a marriage class. She said, "Oh, I read that already." It wasn't quite the reaction I imagined. Then I read the rest of it. Well, too bad you don't really believe in gambling. But you don't really need $15 million anyway, you've got a great family that's worth much more than that. (But it wouldn't work to try cashing out.) :) We hope you're doing well!