Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Cowboy Spanish and other Stories

About a week after we moved to Tennessee Joe and I took Gabe and Isaac with us to get accounts set up at the bank.  It was hard for Isaac to be good inside so as soon as I was all done signing papers I slipped out to the car with the boys.  As I was buckling Isaac in he said to me, “Mom, why was that lady speaking Cowboy Spanish?” I was laughing so hard and I couldn’t figure out how to explain to my son that it was just a southern accent, mixed with banking terms unknown to a four year old.  We pass this sign on the way to town everyday and it reminds me of the “Cowboy Spanish.” 

2012-09-10 11.17.48

Christopher came home from school and I asked him to get out his agenda so I could sign it.  He said, “No mom, it’s my ‘ajinda’.”  I looked at him and said, “excuse me?”  He just shrugged his shoulders and said, “That’s what my teacher says!”

2012-09-03 18.05.20

We finally have a backyard and a cool tree! Joe built the ladder and though our neighbor called it innovative I just call it rustic….not usually the adjective you want to hear when speaking of ladders…

2012-08-20 09.06.47

We love to sit on the front porch and watch the neighbors (they are building a new house and sometimes they bring out a backhoe), or the garbage truck, or a riding lawnmower.  Isaac and Gabe like to sit under the chairs, I think it is cooler there.  Yes, you’re right, camp chairs aren’t ever classy, not even in Tennessee!

2012-08-17 15.17.31

The highlight of the year here is the soybean festival.  Free BBQ, Free bluegrass, fried pies…what more could you ask for!

2012-09-07 18.06.39 

Isaac is worried about the height… you will notice that I’m not on that thing.

2012-09-07 18.07.26

 

When there is nothing else to do we just relax…and sleep in the nice cozy toy box.

2012-09-15 16.39.00

3 comments:

Briahna said...

I'm glad you guys are there and happy and doing well! Your kids are cute and that ladder does look sort of "rustic" but fun. :-)

Kyla said...

It's good to see what you're all up to! We MISS you!!

Colin Key said...

Reading your blog is like a walk down memory lane. I remember asking people to repeat their cowboy Spanish 3-4 times, and I grew up in the South. At least your kids will be multilingual.