Thursday, September 3, 2009

Miracles of Technology


Back when I was a boy, I remember we had this really long phone cord because, for a while, all we had was one phone in the kitchen. The cord was long enough to stretch to my sisters' room, because my oldest sister used to go into her room and close the door while she was on the phone - probably with some guy. Now, she and the rest of us have access to one of the most amazing technologies ever invented: the cell phone.

I had a cell phone once in 2001. It was really cool, because I could download baseball scores in the middle of class. But then the expense got to be too impractical and I stopped paying for it. It wasn't until 6 years later that I got another one - this time prepaid. Needless to say, I don't use it all too much - at least, that is, to make phone calls.

Today, I discovered another wonder of this technology. While I was walking to the bus stop, I spontaneously began talking to myself. Immediately feeling how foolish I must look, I realized that all I had to do was pull out my cell phone and say whatever I had to say to myself into the phone! No one would ever know!

To talk to yourself without looking crazy
1 Cell phone

I could hug the person who invented cell phones.

10 comments:

Dee said...

You'll always look crazy to me.

Doctor O said...

Well what good is a cell phone, then?

Dee said...

You can use it to call your therapist on the bus.

Mormon Muser said...

I think talking to yourself is a trait that runs in our family. Uh...I mean...I think I've heard other siblings talking to themselves, too.

Doctor O said...

You should get yourself a cell phone...

Nate King said...

The best thing is, you add a little more technology (like Bluetooth) and all the sudden you look crazy again. I can't count how many people I saw walking by me on campus and I REALLY thought they were talking to themselves, until I finally figured out their cell phone was in their pocket and the Bluetooth earpiece was on the ear I couldn't see.

Becca said...

First of all, I was probably talking to one of my friends! I never talked to guys! WHAT??? Second, I wish that you actually turned your phone ON every once in a while! That's what it's for Joe!!

Doctor O said...

Yeah, it's kind of funny that I never answer my cell phone. I really only use it to talk to myself now...

Doctor O said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Missus O said...

I hope somebody calls you when you are "talking to yourself"