Thursday, July 30, 2009

The Curse of the Purple Toothbrush

It happened again. It's going to wreck our marriage. Dr. O and I are going on a date tonight and as I am cheerfully getting ready....you know makeup, perfume, brush teeth, deodorant, things that don't normally happen....that's when I did it. I reach for the toothbrush and start brushing. About halfway through my brushing session I realize that I have the PURPLE toothbrush! Drat! The purple toothbrush is not mine. It belongs to Dr. O. I get the blue one. I'm not sure how this absurd discombobulation of toothbrushes occurred, because I always pick the girl color, but somehow, this time, it all came out wrong. The problem is, I always reach for the purple Reach....not only that but I have a tendency to demolish my toothbrush. After I use a toothbrush for three weeks it looks like I've been using it for three years. The blue strip is gone. The bristles are almost totally flattened. It looks like the toothbrush that you have been cleaning toilets with (that in no way should reflect how you view the quality of my mouth or my speech). So I have been merrily demolishing two toothbrushes this round because the only time I remember who's is who's is when Dr. O grabs his first. He ALWAYS grabs, or rather snatches, his first when we are together, which is very helpful. But when I am alone just cannot come to grips with this blue toothbrush thing. My sweet husband tries to be patient, but I know he hates it. Every time he looks at his PURPLE toothbrush, I can see him eying the flattened bristles and the disappearing blue strip, and I know he is wondering how many times I have used it. Tons! I have used it tons and tons! I try to tell him that it is kind of like kissing me....really he should be thrilled that I am using his toothbrush....sigh....I think it is time to buy new toothbrushes, I guess our marriage is worth the four dollars. This time I get the girl color.

1 purple toothbrush +1 blue toothbrush =1 confused Missus

No comments: