Friday, July 10, 2009

Happiness

Happiness is as a butterfly which, when pursued, is always beyond our grasp, but which if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you.
-Nathaniel Hawthorne

Pleasure is very seldom found where it is sought. Our brightest blazes are commonly kindled by unexpected sparks.
~Samuel Johnson


Unexpected Things that Make Me Happy
  1. Giving cookies to a fat baby. It must be a fat baby though, it is not as fun when they are thin.
  2. Pushing my kids super high on the swing set. Super, super high.
  3. Listening to opera music. I know, that's just weird.
  4. Throwing away toys. Nothing satisfies me more than to get rid of a whole bunch of obnoxious toys.
  5. Playing Kreutzer Etudes. I always hated etudes when I was younger. Now I love the constancy and the flow of them. Funny how we change.
  6. Pickles. No explanation needed here.
  7. Baseball Tonight. For some reason when we get home at the end of the day and my honey turns on Baseball Tonight, it feels good. Even when the Cubs lose.

1 comment:

Becca said...

You guys need to sign your posts so we know who is writing! I love it! Especially the fat baby! Are you talking about Isaac? I smiled thinking of his chubby...well everything!