Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Excuses, Excuses

So I must have made some sort of secret pact with myself to never make excuses. It's starting to wear on me, so here's my excuse. I have had one crazy summer and that is why I'm not defending my dissertation before school starts. If I could tell my department chair this, it would ease a little bit of pressure here at work, but I guess I can't make excuses. So in the spirit of self-absorbed blogging, I give you:

One Pretty Good Excuse of a Summer

1 Invitation to a visiting position
1 Hiring Freeze (= one "rescinded" visiting offer)
40+ Job Applications
0 Interviews
1 Prospect of being a student for another year
1 More invitation to a visiting position
1 Trip to Santa Fe
1 Monkey internship
3 Very important interviews
1 Very sick father
1 Father's funeral
1 More term in the internship office
1 New semester
1 Week of meetings
2 Courses to think about (including one new prep)

No comments: